You may have heard of Rotary International. It’s a service organization (with a big dollop of fellowship!) designed to raise money–then award scholarships for high schoolers and grants toservice organizations. PHOTO ABOVE: Krista Dieckgraeff, one of our exchange students, just returned from a year in Poland.
There is a huge foreign exchange program–both for high school students and young adults. Rotary also is devoted to eliminating polio in the world.
Our club, Anchorage South Rotary (part of Rotary District 5010), has a fund-raising raffle each Christmas, dubbed, the “12 Days of Christmas“. You can win one of 12 prizes–and usually one of the folks who buys tickets from me WINS (I am not making this up!!).
So–here’s the rundown of prizes:
1. $500 Shopping Spree at Anchorage’s Dimond Center.
2. Sydney Laurence print from Wells Fargo Bank (it’s AWESOME!!)
3. Man’s and Woman’s watches from Josh Jennett’s Jewelry Cache
4. “FISH ON” package of custom-tied salmon and trout flies, plus $250 gift certificate from Sportsman’s Warehouse.
5. Getaway from the Hotel Captain Cook in Anchorage: Overnight in a Crow’s Next Suite + $200 gift certificate to Crow’s Nest Restaurant (YUMM!).
6. Real-live Juke Box with CDs from VendAlaska
7. Britesmile Laser Teeth Whitening from Dr. Rich Crosby
8. Two Platinum Alaska Club Passes for one month
9. $500 Travel Gift Card from USTravel!
10. $500 Nordstrom Gift Certificate from Capital Glass/Northerm Windows
11. $500 Aladdin’s Restaurant Gift Certificate for any Catered Event!
12. Hitachi 14-volt Impact Driver plus $250 Spenard Builders Supply Gift Certificate
Tickets are $10 each. Buy 10 at a whack–I’ll save on postage! Plus–it’s good luck!! Make your check out to: Anchorage South Rotary. Mail it to me, Scott McMurren, at 6040 Yukon Rd., Anchorage, AK 99507. I’ll send you your ticket(s) by return mail. Personal note: As a traveler, I’m impressed with Rotary’s international focus to bridge continents and foster peace. Our district, for example, includes the eastern half of Russia, as well as the Yukon Territories of Canada.
So–send in a check. Remember–the tickets I sell are lucky (I am NOT making this up).
Share this Post