Usually a roundtrip lie-flat First Class ticket to Africa costs around $16,000 roundtrip. But today, you can snag a lie-flat bed for the (relatively) cheap price of $5,913 roundtrip. Buy now, fly between Jan. 13 and Mar. 27. Plus, you’ll qualify for MVP Gold in one trip!
Because British Airways is an Alaska Airlines partner, this 23,700-mile journey comes with some significant perks. Let’s break it down.
1. Because British Air doesn’t fly to Anchorage anymore (those were the days!), your ticket includes a first class flight on Alaska Air from Anchorage to Seattle.
2. Between Seattle and London’s Heathrow Airport, fly up front on a BA 787. Your seat folds down into a bed. Plenty of food and beverages to distract you, as well as all kinds of movies.
3. On arrival in London, head for the fancy First Class lounge in Terminal 5 (Concorde Terrace ). Take a shower. Cuddle up for a nap in one of the sleep pods. Have a delicious dinner. Enjoy the full bar. You’ve got a nine-hour layover.
4. Fly Heathrow-Johannesburg aboard one of BA’s A380s. Again, stretch out in your bed-in-the-sky for 11+ hours.
5. Have fun in South Africa. Visit Kruger National Park. Visit wine country. Take a short flight to visit Cape Town. Have a great time.
6. Fly back home.
7. Look at your Alaska Airlines mileage account. You will accrue a total of 106,650 miles because of the 450 percent bonus. more importantly, you’ll receive 59,250 “elite qualifying miles”. That means on one trip, you will earn enough to qualify as MVP Gold for 2023. In fact, you’re well on your way to 75K!
Below, a screenshot of the itinerary for $5,913 roundtrip (subject to change):
This is one example of premium-class tickets on sale. There are others. Stay tuned.
Share this Post