Above: coming into Barcelona on board Lufthansa’s A320 from Frankfurt. Suh-weet.
It’s a little counter-intuitive, isn’t it: peak-season travel at bargain prices? But that’s the story at USTravel. Let’s review this week’s Top 10 Bargain Air Fares:
10. Anchorage-Minneapolis. Both Delta and Sun Country are offering nonstop flights. Thank Sun Country for driving down the price. Fly in July for $482 roundtrip all in. After Aug. 10, 2011, the price drops to $456 roundtrip all in.
9. Anchorage-Chicago. Delta has the least-expensive fare to the Windy CIty, starting Aug. 10. Just $435 roundtrip all in.
8. Anchorage-Washington, DC. Both Delta and Alaska have good fares, starting Aug. 10, 2011. Delta has more seats–more options. From $475 roundtrip all in.
7. Anchorage-Phoenix, AZ. Another country heard from: USAirways offers nonstop service between Anchorage and Phoenix. Starting Aug. 10, 2011, the price is $495 roundtrip all in.
6. Anchorage-San Francisco/Sacramento. Ah, a double-feature! Both San Francisco and Sacramento are on sale from Anchorage with Alaska Air: $415 roundtrip all in.
5. Anchorage-Denver. Lovin’ me some Frontier Airlines. Fly in July for $353 roundtrip all in. More available seats than Alaska Air, which comes in a little higher at $365. Fairbanksans–TAKE NOTE: Just $295 roundtrip all in Fairbanks-Denver on Frontier. Whoa.
4. Anchorage-LAX. Just $294.30 roundtrip all in on Alaska Airlines. Whoa.
3. Anchorage-Long Beach. Just $294.30 roundtrip all in on jetBlue Airways. Yeah Baby!
2. Anchorage-New Orleans. Fly Delta between Aug. 7 and Oct. 10, 2011 for $379 roundtrip all in.
1. Fairbanks-Seattle. Fly between July 11 and Aug 11 for $435 roundtrip all in. Nonstop.
1. Fairbanks-Frankfurt. Fly Condor German Airlines nonstop to Frankfurt from Fairbanks on June 30, returning July 14, 2011. Cost? Just $721 roundtrip all in.
You know the drill….U-POUNCE-n-SAVE. If you see something you like, call USTravel’s local offices in Anchorage, Fairbanks, Juneau, Ketchikan, Kodiak, Dutch Harbor, Prudhoe Bay, Seattle or Spokane. Dial (907)561-2434 or (800)544-2217 toll-free. There’s a $38 fee for tickets–part of the price to hunt down these deals and lock in your dates. Ask your agent about hotels and rental cars when you’re on the phone.
And remember, if you’re traveling around Alaska, Explore Tours can put together the perfect itinerary for you and your loved ones. Think “Denali Deals” or “Kennicott Country” or “Bears, Whales and Fish….Oh My”! Choose from a good selection of packages, or have the professionals at Explore Tours design a custom trip–just for you.
Share this Post