We <3 Condor Airlines, which recently resumed their seasonal flights to Frankfurt (just 9.5 hours NONSTOP). Not just from Anchorage, either. Fly Fairbanks-Frankfurt nonstop and Whitehorse-Frankfurt nonstop, too!
The nonstops to Europe are aboard a recently-retrofitted 767-300ER aircraft with three cabins: Economy, Premium Economy and Business. And lovely staff (pictured, right!).
CONGRATULATIONS in advance to those winners in our SWAG contest. I have a big pile of keyrings, hats, inflatable planes…the works. So, if you get an email from me…it’s because I need your ADDRESS to send it out! HAHA.
Anchorage-Frankfurt: Condor offers 2x weekly service until mid-June, when three flights per week are available (Sunday, Tuesday and Saturday). Economy tickets are available from $470 each way. Upgrade to Premium Economy* and get extra legroom, better seats, meals and drinks and a heftier baggage allowance ($780 ea. way on June 9). In Business, the seats recline to 170 degrees and you can enjoy a five-course meal. They really fuss over you ($1,300 ea. way on June 9). Prices vary by date.
Fairbanks-Frankfurt: Weekly nonstop service starts June 25, at $460 ea. way (Economy), $780 ea. way (Premium Economy) and $1,300 ea. way (Business).
Whitehorse-Frankfurt: Weekly nonstop service starts June 28, at $430 ea. way (U.S.$$), $680 ea. way for Premium Economy and $1,110 ea. way for Business.
COMPARE these prices/flight times with those through the Lower 48:
DELTA: $1,609 in economy Anchorage-Frankfurt (23:30 each way with two stops)
UNITED: $2,039 in economy Anchorage-Frankfurt (19:37 each way w/5-hour layover in Chicago)
Premium Economy detail:
- Sit more comfortably than in Economy Class (15 cm more leg room)
- Ergonomically shaped seats with a more pronounced backrest inclination
- Individually adjustable footrests (except row 6) & headrests
- Personal 9-inch monitors including extensive Premium Entertainment “on demand” and a USB port, on every seat
- Blankets and extra-wide pillows
- Hand baggage allowance increased to 8 kg
- Free baggage allowance increased to 25 kg; for USA and Canada flights to/from zone 5*: 1 x 32 kg (except for feeder flights)
- Free, carefully selected Premium Menus or Special Menus, which must be booked in advance
- Free alcoholic drinks with meals
- Free headsets
- Wide range of magazines
- Wellbeing Set with a selection of useful accessories for your stay on board
- Free seat reservations
- Separate check-in at all German airports
- Free late night and Online Check-in options
- 1250 award miles per route (one-way) for Miles & More members (Condor participates in Lufthansa’s Miles & More frequent flyer plan)
Business Class detail:
- Fully-automatic seat with 170-degree recline and a resting area of more than 1.80 meters
- 15-inch monitor with an extensive entertainment program
- Each seat has a USB port and power outlet, as well as a personal reading light
- Carry-on baggage allowance increased to 12 kg (limited to 2 baggage items)
- Free baggage allowance increased to 30 kg (66 lbs); for flights to the United States or Canada: 2 x 32 kg (2 x 70 lbs) (except for feeder flights)
- Free carriage of an item of sports equipment up to 30 kg (66 lbs)
- Expedited check-in up to 90 minutes before departure, and up to 120 minutes for flights to the United States and Canada
- Lounge facilities in Anchorage (Alaska Air’s Board Room), Frankfurt and in many airports outside Germany
- Exclusive choice of beverages with a welcome drink and cocktail service
- Delicious five-course meal with a choice of 3 entrées, served on porcelain, with cloth table linen
- Separate dessert and after-dinner drink trolley
- Cosmetics set and heated towelettes
- 2500 award miles per route (one-way) for Miles & More members
- Free seat reservations
Fly Condor to Europe this summer!
Share this Post