Trisha Costello over at the Talkeetna Roadhouse is a great ambassador for for the community. So, you owe it to her to scoop up one of her delicious cinnamon rolls next time you’re there (it takes two hands, thank you!). Below are highlights of her report:
First, for all you local folks (all of Alaska, of course, is local!) I thought I’d pass along the following information on daily activities that will be soon closing up shop for the summer.
1. Talkeetna Lakes Hike, daily at 6pm, led by the folks at Alaska Nature Guides.
2. Jet boat rides by Mahay’s Riverboat Service departing daily at 8:45, 9:30, Noon, 2:30, 3:15 and 6:30.
3. Daily movie… The Don Sheldon Story video screens at the Sheldon Community Arts Hangar (behind Post Office) at 2pm.
4. Ranger programs by the Denali National Park Talkeetna rangers are held at the Talkeenta Historical Museum (behind the Roadhouse) daily at 10:30am and 1pm. (No program on the 3rd and they wrap up on the 5th)
5. Raft trips depart from Talkeetna throughout the day: 8, 8:30, 11, Noon, 2:30, 5:30. Talkeetna River Guides has daily trips.
6. Kayak Trips on Byers Lake in Denali State Park happen daily at 8:15am, 11:45am, 3:15pm and 6:45pm. Reserve with the folks at Denali Southside River Guides.
7. Horseback Riding with D&S Trailrides located at the end of Main Street. Rides go daily at 10am, Noon, 2pm and 5pm.
(Don’t forget flightseeing. AWESOME. We flew last month with Talkeetna Air Taxi!
Live Music in Talkeetna…
Here’s the rundown for this next week+ of live music. Seems that a handful of our local musicians have been able to stay active with steady gigs. To my ears they are all sounding GREAT, too!
September 4: Weepin’ Willies
September 5: Rickshaw & the Transporters, 10pm
September 6: Bathtub Gin, 7pm
September 10: Hamma Jang, 10pm
September 11: Lulu Small, 10pm
September 12: Steve Durr, 9pm
September 4: Doug & Carl, 2pm
September 5: Steve Durr, 5pm
Roadhouse Summer Schedule…’til Sept. 19
Rooms, Bunks & Cabins nightly; Bakery open daily 6am ’til 9pm; Breakfast daily 7am – 2pm.
Year Round (AWESOME) Bread Schedule
Monday: Squaw Bread
Wednesday: Honey Whole Wheat
Thursday: Onion Dill Rye
Friday: Potato Bread
Saturday: Oatmeal Beer Bread
We will have a Cleaning Day on September 20th and will not be open that day or that evening. Feel free to stop by…you will be handed a scrub brush, though! We will move into our winter hours beginning Tuesday, September 21st.
Share this Post