Although I’m based in Anchorage, I consider the entire STATE of Alaska my own playground. Accordingly, here’s an ALL-NEW Top 10 List of cool things outside the city limits. There’s a special TWIST to EACH and EVERY item here. That is–they’re ALL 2-for-1 if you have the Alaska TourSaver book. OR, download the mobile APP (click HERE for iPhone, click HERE for Android). It’s your coupon-book-in-a-phone. Same $22,500 in savings. Same 140+ 2-for-1 offers. Cost of the book? $99.95, plus applicable shipping. Don’t ask me why, but the app costs MORE! $99.99. HA. Good news, tho’: free shipping…..HA
PICTURE (above): Ride the Mt. Roberts Tram from Juneau’s cruise ship terminal. It’s a great way to kick-start your hike in the hills overlooking Alaska’s capital city. Yes, I took the picture and YES, there’s a 2-for-1 coupon in the Alaska TourSaver! SCORE!
And now…for the ALL-NEW Top 10 List:
1. Lake Clark National Park Adventure. Get out and explore the park with Alaska Alpine Adventures. Take a 7d/6n backpacking trip from Turquoise Lake to Twin Lake. This trip includes your flight from Anchorage, all meals, accommodations and activities. AWESOME. Value: $3,250. Second person goes free.
2. Nome Discovery Tours. You don’t know Nome until you’ve taken a tour with Richard Beneville, a self-proclaimed “ex-Broadway gypsy”. Learn about Nome’s 110-year modern history–in the framework of the town’s 10,000-year history in Eskimo culture. The Gold Rush, the tundra, the scenery, the birds and–of course, the people. Nome Discovery Tours…don’t miss it! Value: $120. Second person goes free.
3. Glacier Bay National Park. Yep–Erin Kirkland, Alaska’s family travel expert, is exploring this area right now. Follow in her footsteps! First, get a 2-for-1 deal on air fare from Wings of Alaska. Next, enjoy your second night free at the Glacier Bay Lodge. But DON’T MISS the full-day Glacier Bay cruise-tour from Bartlett Cove. Last time we went, we saw black and brown bear, whales, sea lions, mountain goats, eagles, puffins and H-U-G-E glaciers. In fact, once the big Princess ship pulled away, a big chunk the size of Mt. McKinley slid off in front of us, to the wild cheers of the passengers on board. DON’T MISS IT! Value: Air $199, Lodging $224, Cruise $189=$612! Second person goes free.
4. Halibut fishing in Homer. Sail with Ninilchik Charters on the “Sundy”, a 50-foot Delta Marine vessel. The Sundy departs each morning at 6:00am! FISH ON! Value $265. Second person goes free.
5. Alaska Railroad. Ohh….how we love the railroad! Choose from several routes on the mighty Alaska Railroad: Anchorage-Denali, Anchorage-Seward…or all the way between Anchorage and Fairbanks. Pick one. Any one. And ride the rails around the state!! Value $125-$432 roundtrip. Second person goes free. OR–Choose from a couple of great daytrips up to Grandview or Spencer Glacier. NEW this year: the train from Talkeetna to Hurricane! Value $70-$96.
6. Kenai Fjords National Park. MUST SEE. MUST SEE. Take the National Park Tour from Major Marine Tours. Watch for whales, puffins, eagles, moose on shore, goats on shore, porpoise, sea lions and MUCH MUCH more. Oh–and BIG ICE near the Aialik Glacier. TOTALLY AWESOME. Value $169. Second person sails free. Save time to visit the Alaska Sealife Center. See “Woody” the giant sea lion. See big octopus, halibut, king crab and salmon. See seabirds UP CLOSE in the aviary. DON’T MISS IT! Value: $20.
7. Zipline in Ketchikan! Don’t miss the opportunity to Z-I-P through the rain forest canopy in Ketchikan. Watch for bears down below. Check out the awesome vistas of the wild Pacific while you’re zooming between trees! Value: $189. Second person ZIPS free!!
8. Bear Watching in Juneau. Catch a flight with Alaska Bear Excursions in Juneau to go see giant brown bears in their natural habitat. PRO TIP: Pay attention to the guide’s safety briefing (duh!). Value $499. Second person goes free.
9. Jetboat tour of the Stikine River in Wrangell. The Stikine is an AWESOME and POWERFUL river. It is the fastest-flowing river in North America and our friends at Alaska Waters take you on an INCREDIBLE adventure from Wrangell. Or, choose from a trip to the LeConte Glacier and nearby Petersburg. Value: $171-257. Second person sails free.
10. Flightseeing! OMG. This is huge. Choose from a trip to Misty Fjords near Ketchikan, a heli-hiking adventure from Denali National Park, a flight around Denali from Talkeetna, a glacier sightseeing trip from Juneau, an EPIC air tour inside Wrangell-St. Elias National Park (McCarthy)…and MORE! Just GET THE BOOK. Do you get the picture? HAHA.
SUMMER. It’s fleeting, folks. Don’t wait for shipping if you want to get started seeing Alaska with 2-for-1 savings. Download the mobile app on your iPhone or Android smartphone today. Visit the website for full details. Travel more. Spend less. That’s because you’re in TourSaver Country, Baby.
Share this Post