Valentine’s Day is coming right up. If you think it’s time to move beyond the chocolate and to set the flowers aside…read on. It’s no secret: travel is romantic! Here are a few ideas from our friends at USTravel on how best to pull back Cupid’s bow for a direct hit!
1. Love Boat Cruises â€“ Princess Cruises
· France & Spain…Mediterranean…we will customize your cruise for you
· Sale starts Thursday, February 14 â€“ March 19
· Save up to $1,700 per stateroom on Europe cruises
· Receive $100 free onboard spending money per stateroom
· Call (800)544-2217 and reference promo code R5B
2. Romance in Alaska…Winterlake Lodge
Join Carl and Kirsten Dixon and learn to mush a dog team or snowmobile along the Iditarod Trail (the trail runs through their front yard!). You can cross-country ski along the groomed trails or just sit by the fire–with a good book and a warm cup of cocoa. The lodge offers complimentary massage and morning yoga classes, cooking classes in the kitchen with Kirsten, a steamy hot tub on the deck with a dramatic view, and other winter delights only found in the solitude of the Alaska backcountry. Pricing: One Night: $1395 per person, double occupancy; Two Nights: $2225 per person, double occupancy
Typical lodge departure times are 8:00 a.m. or 5:00 p.m., but alternate departure times can be arranged. Stays are based on 24 hour periods. Prices include roundtrip air transportation between Anchorage and Winterlake Lodge, lodging, meals, individual guide service, and use of lodge equipment.Availability:
They have space open for a 1- or 2-night package on Friday or Saturday (the weekend of Valentineâ€™s Day). Subject to 2 person minimum. MORE DETAILS.
3. Homer – Landâ€™s End Resort
Located in Homer, Alaska, on the shores of Kachemak Bay, Land’s End Resort is at the very tip of the Homer Spit and surrounded by a natural paradise. Land’s End is the only hotel on the Homer Spit, and is within walking distance to the small boat harbor. Homer is world-renowned for its majestic views, pristine waters and protected coves. Pricing: One night, $472 per person; two nights, $603 per person
· Includes roundtrip airfare between Anchorage and Homer
· Accommodations in Midship Bay Deluxe Room Type with View of Kachemak Bay
· Romantic Dinner: two entrees & two glasses of wine
· Late checkout upon request
· Free movie rentals
· Add a romantic gift bag
· Book a 30 minute reservation for just you &your sweetheart in our oceanfront outdoor hot tub
· Make an appointment for a one hour massage
Valid through Feb. 16, 2013. Call (907)561-2434 or (800)544-2217 toll-free for reservations!
Share this Post